Vegan Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3.5 ounces extra-firm tofu (1/4 of a 14 oz block – pressed)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy yogurt (we used So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Yogurt)
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 leaves chopped basil (optional)
Measure slivered almonds into a large bowl and cover with hot water. Soak for at least 30 minutes, or until soft. Drain remaining water once done soaking.
Meanwhile, press the tofu in a tofu press or by wrapping in paper towels and setting a heavy pan on top for 15 minutes, changing out the paper towels halfway through.
Add all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse and process, scraping down sides when needed, until smooth and thick.
This recipe makes about 2 cups of ricotta.