Vegan Omelette Muffin – Perfect Christmas Breakfast
- 300 g silken tofu
- 4 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup of sliced vegetables of your choice (I used cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and spring onions)*
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch of turmeric (optional, but it gives a nice yellow colour)
- pepper and salt (I used kala namak for the eggy taste)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly butter two small ramekins with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Heat up coconut oil in a pan, add vegetables, then sauté them for 2-5 minutes.
- Add tofu, flour, garlic, baking powder, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Divide sautéed veggies evenly into the two ramekins. Then fill the forms with the tofu mixture. The omelettes will puff up a bit when you bake them, so make sure to leave a little of space at the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Credit to Green EVI