Why most vegans don’t eat honey Honey is a somewhat controversial food among vegans. Unlike overt animal foods like meat, eggs, and dairy, foods from insects aren’t always grouped into the vegan category. In fact, some vegans who eat an otherwise entirely plant-based diet may […]
- 1 large zucchini
- 8-10 asparagus
- 3 scallions
- 1 cup of cashew cream cheese
- small bunch of fresh dill
- salt, pepper
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife slice zucchini into thin strips.
- Trim asparagus, and cut the tip end into 6-8 cm/2-3 inch long pieces.* Halve thicker stems lengthwise. Halve scallions lengthwise as well then cut into smaller pieces.
- Put a dollop of cashew cheese at the end of a zucchini slice. Top with asparagus, scallion and dill, and season with salt and pepper. Roll up tightly and place seam side down on a serving plate. Repeat this with remaining zucchini slices. Enjoy!
Plant-based gastronomy? Spanish start-up seeks to revolutionize food system with sustainable protein sources
According to Food Ingridients First on 05 Apr 2019 — Spanish-based start-up Foods for Tomorrow is seeking to “revolutionize the food system through plant-based gastronomy.” Currently, the company’s flagship brand Heura, a plant-based protein very similar to chicken in terms of flavor and texture, is […]
Vegnews find out that, New Zealand-based food technology startup New Culture is working to create vegan cheese that closely mimics its dairy-derived counterpart. Similar to the process used by plant-based meat brand Impossible Foods, the company is working with elements of dairy on a molecular […]