RAW VEGAN CASHEW MOZZARELLA
- 200 g/7 oz cashews, soak them overnight, if you don’t have a high speed blender
- 3 tbsp ground psyllium husk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tsp white miso paste (optional)
- Add psyllium husk to a bowl with 350 ml/12 oz water and mix well. Let it soak for at least an hour, until it’s very thick and gel-like.
- Add psyllium husk gel, cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and miso paste (if using) to a blender and blend until a thick and smooth paste forms.
- Transfer this mixture to 3 small glass or ceramic bowls* and place in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour it should be thick and sliceable. Enjoy!
Credit to Green Evi
* You can use one large or many small dishes, just as you prefer your mozzarella. The cheese will set in the shape of the dish. If you don’t have a round bowl or jar, you can also wrap the cheese tightly in plastic wrap to form a round cheese ball.