- 1 cup white quinoa, plus ¼ cup red quinoa, washed and drained
- 1 cup fresh corn, off the cob
- 2 cups filtered water
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup finely diced yellow pepper (or another color bell pepper)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Place quinoa, corn, and water in a medium saucepan with pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes over low flame.
- Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Fluff quinoa with fork, place in medium bowl, and stir in the black beans, veggies, dressing, and cilantro.
- Season with sea salt if needed. Serve this Mexican recipe warm or cold the next day.