Introducing Veggie Ribz.. Veggie Ribz – Sweet & Smoky BBQ Alright we know what you’re thinking. Vegan ribz?! Ludicrous – what smoke and mirrors have they used to create these? Well actually they’re made with our tempeh – cultured soya beans – and our sweet […]
Broccoli Broccoli is an anti-inflammatory, anti-aging powerhouse packed with: vitamins C and K a variety of antioxidants fiber folate lutein calcium Your body needs vitamin C for the production of collagen, the main protein in skin that gives it strength and elasticity. Pineapple You don’t […]
It improves your skin quality
Vitamin C found in lemons may help reduce skin wrinkling, dry skin from aging, and damage from the sun. How water improves skin is controversial, but one thing is certain. If your skin loses moisture, it becomes dry and prone to wrinkles. A 2016 laboratory study showed that a citrus-based drink helped prevent the development of wrinkles in hairless mice.
Kidney stones are small lumps that form when waste products crystallize and build up in your kidneys.
They are quite common, and people who get them often get them repeatedly.
Citric acid may help prevent kidney stones by increasing urine volume and increasing urine pH, creating a less favorable environment for kidney stone formation
Just a 1/2-cup (4 ounces or 125 ml) of lemon juice per day may provide enough citric acid to help prevent stone formation in people who have already had them
“Vitamin C is plays a role in immunity and helps neutralize free radicals in our body,” said Rumsey. According to the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University, vitamin C stimulates the production of white blood cells and may protect the integrity of immune cells. Vitamin C helps protect leukocytes, which produces antiviral substances.
Menu at Sol Sips Nut Milk 16 oz. Brazil and Guava $12.00 16 oz. Chocolate and Hazelnut $12.00 Smoothies Buddha Blu Smoothie Blueberries, mango and lavender Regular $6.50 Large $8.50 Cream Smoothie Cashews, bananas and cacao Regular $6.50 Large $8.50 Juice Solstice Orange, pineapple and […]
Credit to Forks over Knives
- 1 cup white quinoa, plus ¼ cup red quinoa, washed and drained
- 1 cup fresh corn, off the cob
- 2 cups filtered water
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup finely diced yellow pepper (or another color bell pepper)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Place quinoa, corn, and water in a medium saucepan with pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes over low flame.
- Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Fluff quinoa with fork, place in medium bowl, and stir in the black beans, veggies, dressing, and cilantro.
- Season with sea salt if needed. Serve this Mexican recipe warm or cold the next day.
Awesome Bites Co. was born to make allergy friendly treats so delicious that they’ve been known to stop crying toddlers, while made with wholesome ingredients that most people can eat without worry and are healthy so you feel good about yourself after devouring a treat. […]