How to Make the Best Vegan Smoothie in 3 Easy Steps
When people ask me what ingredients I put into a smoothie almost everyone would anticipate most likely think of fruit first. Fruits are of course what make smoothies the tasty treat that they are.
However, some may be skeptical at the thought of adding vegetables to the blender.
I may have even been one of those people at some point. I put spinach into all of my smoothies and am actually sad when I run out of this favorite leafy green.
The combination of ingredients will create enough flavor and the spinach is not even noticeable
– only the vibrant green color. Other leafy greens such as kale are a great addition to smoothies as well.
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed.
- 1 orange, peeled, excess pith and seeds (if any) removed.
- 100 g / 3.5 oz raw spinach*
- 1 ripe banana (frozen works well too)
- 1 ripe kale.
- 2 tsp grated ginger, adjust to taste.
- a good squeeze of lemon (optional)
- 10 ice cubes.