Green Detox Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (+ extra for drizzling)
- 1/2 small onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 400 ml water
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup watercress (chopped)
- 10 goji berries (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- lemon wedges (to serve)
- In a medium size pot over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and onions. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, turmeric and cumin and stir. Sauté for 3 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Add water, spinach and watercress to the pot and using a hand mixer, blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide soup among two bowls and top with goji berries. Season with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges.